Strengthening Our Community
Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabilize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing. For an impoverished family, an unexpected expense or a decrease in income can result in eviction and homelessness.
Through Emergency Family Shelter, Homeless Prevention Programs and our newest program Outreach to Homeless Families we address the needs of a wide range of families, from those who have become homeless to those who only need rental assistance for a limited time. More
We are thankful to be considered for a grant by KidGuard:
Greater West Chester Chamber of Commerce
2014 Community Service Award
Our families and staff describe what we do
Give the gift of security
to a family
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- NEW bed pillows
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards