Children worry about
where they will sleep.
What do homeless families and
- Homeless families need to move frequently.
- They often live in overcrowded or unsafe places.
- Many have to double up with family or friends and don't know how long a temporary living arrangement will last.
- The children have to change schools and face the stigma of being homeless.
- Children worry about where they will sleep and that something bad will happen to their family.
- Homeless children may be separated from their parents if a shelter or other living arrangement can't accommodate the whole family.
How does Friends Association's Emergency Family Shelter help?
We provide homeless families with a safe, clean place to stay and and help them cope with the stress and upheaval they've experienced. Children and parents live together in their own apartment as we help them stabilize, connect to other community resources and find a permanent place to live.
Your gift will help homeless families achieve lasting independence.
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards