The Victims of Homelessness - Children
Our work focuses on families with children, who are the unintended victims
of homelessness. Homeless children get
sick and go hungry twice as often as other children. They are more prone to
depression and anxiety and less likely to
do well in school. We help these children
and their families cope with the complex problems they face while we guide families to find permanent, affordable housing.
Emergency Family Shelter
Our Shelter program combines a private, safe setting and basic necessities with effective, individualized case management services for homeless families with children. We strive to keep parents and children together as they work toward becoming stable and productive in their homes, jobs, and schools.
Homeless Prevention program
We help families with children find or maintain safe, permanent housing. Our program balances strong case management services with financial assistance, when needed, for families coming from a shelter or those facing eviction. Our goal is to help families become independent within 12 to 18 months.
Your gift will help homeless families achieve lasting independence.
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards