Strengthening Our Community
Friends Association helps homeless or near homeless families stabilize their lives and find or maintain permanent housing. For an impoverished family, an unexpected expense or a decrease in income can result in eviction and homelessness. Through our Emergency Family Shelter and Homeless Prevention Programs
we address the needs of a wide range of families, from those who have become homeless to those who only need rental assistance for a limited time. More
HOMELESS PREVENTION WORKS
Jeremy and Daughters Stay in Their Apartment
Jeremy, a truck driver for a construction company, was not working enough hours to pay his rent and bills. He had partial custody of his two daughters, but, in addition, had to pay child support. Jeremy fell behind in his rent and was facing eviction when he came to Friends Association. Nova Adams, our Homeless Prevention Manager, met with him and determined that he and his daughters qualified for our program. After Nova contacted Jeremy’s landlord to explain how our program could offer support, the landlord agreed to collaborate with Friends Association. Jeremy has since been approved for Food Stamps and Medical Assistance, and he and the girls are doing very well. We will continue to offer this family case management and rental assistance over the next several months as they become self-sufficient.
Your gift will help homeless families achieve lasting independence.
Would you like to help families set up a new home?
It's easy—join our SOS Network.
- Giant or Acme gift cards for food
- Kmart or Walmart gift cards for clothing and other necessities
- Rite Aid cards for formula, diapers, medications (Rite Aid is walking distance from the shelter)
- New twin size bed sheets, blankets, and bedspreads
- New kitchen and bath linens
- Paper products: paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins
- Personal care items: shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
- And for fun . . . movie gift cards